Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Story -Olympe De Gouges

"I lived through a time where woman were discriminated against and had no equality. When all the men out there are gaining more freedom everyday, why is it woman arn't? I was just one of many other brave woman willing to take a stand against what was rightfully ours. Using the little school knowledge i have gained, I wrote books educating the people about womans rights; opened their eyes to what they couldn't see before. Even though in my lifetime, i couldn't see the impact what i did had on the world, im glad I did what I did to began the woman's rights. As each one of my new works were published, i began to see the readers as a light turned on in their head. This worried the people that their power was soon going to be taken away. In effect, they sentences me to trial for being against the revolution. Shortly after, I was sentenced to death. Right before my murder, i came to reallization that everything I did was worth it. The impact i had with the world while the time I was on it would have their effects of their own. I just did my part to get it started."

No comments: